Vinyasa Yoga - Tantra
Tantra Vinyasa Yoga is steeped in ancient tradition, applicable to the modern world. Through this style we bring the principles of ParaYoga to the Yoga community in Charlotte. ParaYoga is one of the country's fastest growing, most respected styles of Yoga today. Developed by master teacher, Yogarupa Rod Stryker, ParaYoga links students and teachers of all levels to the power, spirit, and tradition of Yoga.
ParaYoga uses challenging asana (poses), focused pranayama (breath work), and guided meditation as a means to shift, shape and uplift. This practice affects many levels of our being: physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. Through Tantra Vinyasa & ParaYoga, we gain a clear understanding of self, which leads to a sense of wholeness and fulfillment.
Classes are designed for the time of day
6 AM Sun Series is designed for the early riser to wake up your body and uplift your spirit before beginning your work day.
12 & 5:30 PM Fire Series focuses on lengthening the spine, developing core strength and building your inversion practice.
7 PM Hips, Twists, Forward Folds is like hitting the reset button for your body, mind & spirit. A great way to open, rinse and relax after a long day.
Saturday & Sunday Morning Tantra Mix is the full range of a ParaYoga class designed by the instructor with a specific focus in mind.
What Makes Tantra Vinyasa Yoga Unique
- Asana: This class combines dynamic movement with longer holds to enhance the focus and create a specific energetic effect.
- Breath: Movement with strong focus on breath is used to enhance the practice and create different energetic effects.
- Meditation: We use guided meditation in every class.
- Build and Recharge: This classes are physically challenging and you always leave feeling recharged and renewed.
- Temperature: The room is around 80 degrees, enough to warm you and allow you to focus on building internal heat. The room temperature keeps you energized without depletion or dehydration.
3 Elements of Every Tantra Vinyasa Yoga Class:
Tejas - Tejas means bright like the sun, the pure essence of fire which governs the transformation of matter into energy. Each Tantra Vinyasa practice is a process of transformation, bringing together the forces of internal energy to reveal our brightest state.
Vinyasa Krama - This means "wise progression" and it refers to the intelligence of sequencing a practice to bring students to a steadier physical, emotional, mental and energetic state by use of poses, breath, meditation.
Smarana - This word translates to "remembrance." Through our practice, we are renewing the sense that a part of us is undisturbed through all of life’s experiences.