New to Shala
We exist to provide an environment for everyone from beginners to advanced practitioners to learn a well-rounded approach to yoga. Through practice and knowledge, we focus on every aspect of your well-being. You’ll learn the modalities that make you feel balanced and thriving physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
All of our services are pre-enrollment and include practice as well as discussion to help you understand the science and art behind the techniques that we teach. To find out what is being offered currently, please click the tabs above and enroll today in courses, special classes, workshops, immersions, training and private instruction.
Here are some helpful tips to ensure you have an excellent experience at Yoga Shala:
- Wear clothing that you will be comfortable moving in. If you’re wearing shoes & socks, you’re definitely overdressed. We encourage you to kick your shoes off and leave them lying around on the porch or at top of the stairs before entering the practice space.
- If you have injuries or special situations, please let us know before your event starts via email (email@example.com).
- Bring journals, electronic tablets, pens, pencils, water, snacks, and anything else you’d bring to a relaxed learning environment to be comfortable. Most of the time we sit on cushions on the floor but, bring a portable chair if you need it.
- If you have your own props, bring them. If not, we’re equipped with mats, blocks, straps, blankets and bolsters.
- We’re a small, friendly, neighborhood school and we want you to make yourself at home. So, please, don’t be shy about using the changing rooms/restrooms downstairs while classes are happening, go right in and do what you need to do. We’re used to it.
- Please avoid eating a large meal immediately before or after the start of your event as this may cause digestive discomfort… for you and those around you, if you know what we mean.
- For your own sanity and out of respect of those around you, please silence all electronics while you are at Yoga Shala.
- Breathe and enjoy the journey.